Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Some stories and links

Atlus has stated that they will be releasing a 3DS remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. No word of a localised version, but its about as early as is possible. I've not played this one in it's original form, but I bet it will be interesting, SMT is always a good thing =p Link

This one interests me quite a lot, as I've had a "colour-coded loot" craving in recent months, but I haven't been able to satisfy it with any of the games I have (other than Diablo II, but I've played that game so many times anyway.) I still need to pick up Torchlight, but I refuse to for the price they ask on Steam...
Anyway, some more info on the upcoming Heroes of Ruin for the 3DS; Link

Some of Kotaku's 'burning questions' on fantasy worlds in a couple recent western RPGs; Link

A bit of an older story by a couple days, but one that interests me as a PAL gamer, Ghostlight (who have released some nice looking boxsets recently), will be bringing some Shin Megami Tensei over to this side of the pond. Link
I played Devil Survivor when it first came out, and was really impressed with the story. The depth to the combat and extensiveness of the monster compendium is perhaps not as great as some of the other games, but it was really fun. Its an interesting mesh of strategy RPG-esque grid based battles, and standard Shin Megami Tensei weaknesses and resistances, magic and physical attacks.

They are also bringing over Fate/Extra, which I'm still seriously on the fence about even though I've known about it for a while now...It didn't get the greatest of reviews... Link

2 comments:

Retr0gamer said...

Great news about Soul Hackers and it more than likely means at least a US release. I hope they do the same with Devil Summoner.

Berserk_Alucard said...

Yeah, I seriously hope we can get some of these Atlus games that are coming out, this one and others like Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown (Atlus recently took over and are helping out with dev+distribution)
I seriously hope Persona 2: Eternal Punishment comes out to the PAL regions (or America) soon as well, I dont want it to get missed out because of developers starting to turn to the Vita. The Legend of Heroes games (2 & 3) are in the same boat as well... I'm holding off on playing them until I have the games on my shelf. From what I've heard, Persona 2 is kind of a 2 part game, like Digital Devil Saga. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky kind of ends on a cliffhanger (or at least some stuff is carried on into the 2nd and 3rd games) *le sigh* too many games... also this is too long a comment lol..
Thanks for commenting =D