Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anime shiz ~ Semester 2



Remember back a few months ago I said I had joined up with the Anime society at my uni and joined the commitee for it? Its a fairly good laugh, the society. Some of the people I get on with quite well on some level of mutual geekiness somewhere or another. I didn't really focus on watching many of the shows we screened last semester, even if I did go along to [most of] the screenings.


Now that our term has started up again, I'm gonna try and put forward some better suggestions for series to screen this semester. The way that it is decided what is watched is by a 'pilot battle' week and a commitee meeting, both of which are this week. We just had the screening of the series and the theme this time round seemed to be more obscure stuff, with a lot of quite interesting looking anime, as well as the usual comedy/ecchi stuff.

The list of episodes was like this:

Legendary Gambler Tetsuya

Mitsudomoe

Full Metal Panic

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Sailor Moon Live action

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Kuragehime (The Jellyfish Princess)

Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit

Denno Coil


[I might be missing some, but I can’t remember]

Out of those, we ended up rechoosing Railgun as we never managed to finish it last semester, I forget how...and Baka to Test. I wanted FMP as well as Baka to Test, but I did enjoy Railgun and it'll be good to watch more of. So this Friday we'll have the last 2 series that'll be screened this semester.

Oh, for those of you interested in ongoing and new anime, Anime news network have their Winter 2011 Preview up here. They usually do these each season and I look at them ocassionally but never get round to watching anything. Maybe this time. I've more or less been out of anime for a while now, at least at home. I don't know why exactly, I just haven't been watching much recently. I'm thinking of starting up Full Metal Panic though.

No comments: