Thursday, December 31, 2009

Now Playing - "How can you transform into something so sexy?"

Now that I have a few less games on my plate, I am trying to put some more time into Final Fantasy VI Advance which I think I am getting nearish the end (probably about 5 or 10 hours away.) I've just got past a kinda frustrating bit in the story where I need to go around getting everyone back in the party. You'll know where I mean probably if you've played the game.

Now I'm just getting some of the Espers and grinding up my characters, but I've lost patience with it slightly-there is quite a bit of grinding to do to get all your characters sufficient in enough of the spells, which I want them to be before I go to the end game stages. A lot of my characters have no magic whatsoever and are a good 10 or 20 levels lower than my main party...so I think I've quite a bit to do.

I'm still really enjoying FFVI, once I beat it that'll be just FFIX, X and XII to beat in my Final Fantasy Challenge before XIII comes out in early March.

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XII

Also, since I last wrote one of these Now Playing posts, I got and played Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Its a really gorgeous looking game, and one that I was looking forward to for ages since I played Odin Sphere. I bought it just after Christmas and finished it a couple days after starting it. Its not long, but its a really cool game. I'd recommend it! I might do a review of it at some point, since it is one of the Wii games I really enjoyed, despite a few minor annoyances or flaws.

I also finished off Final Fantasy VIII, the ending was pretty damn cool once I eventually got past the awesomeness that is Griever, he wiped me out a couple times with Shockwave Pulsar or whatever it is called. I was gripped till the end, cos I ended up fighting the final stage with just Rinoa and Zell and the music is awesome, it kept me on edge!

It says I'm also playing Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Warrior Monsters as well, but I haven't really touched them at all for a while. I'll need to rectify that I guess.

Since I never really explain the quotes I pull out of games, music, movies or tv that I choose for these Now Playing posts, I thought I would for this one for a change. It is a quote from Kisuke from Muramasa: The Demon Blade describing Yuzuruha(sp?), the Kitsune from his story. Pic above, the one with the parasol thing.

5 comments:

Dark Magician said...

The final round of fights in VIII is immense. The score and Nobou thought up is amazing, and I love how the music changes when Griever starts up Shockwave Pulsar for the first time. Admitedly the final movie is a bit wack, since Squall may as well be on drugs XD, but it makes sense if you think about it lol.

Berserk_Alucard said...

Yeah, when he did the first time round I was like "Oh...crap!" and then got a bit owned lol.

The ending is pretty cool, got me a bit emotional, but I think playing a game with such a strong love theme was never the best idea for me at the moment when I am still a bit all over the place emotionally lol...

manly tears, yup that was it... nah, not really tears per se, just kinda a sweet ending. *sniff* XD

It is kinda tripped out the ending actually, I really liked fighting Ultimecia in the future, that was awesome. The story impressed me quite a bit as it went on, but still I think the game is a bit weaker than VII.
Her castle really threw me off quite a bit, I had no clue what to do in it at first. I actually got all the way to her with Enc-None on, WITHOUT unsealing any abilities, thought I might as well give it a shot. Well...lets just say I didn't get very far. lol

Dark Magician said...

Uhhhh... yeah I can't really see that going down too well XD. I loved the idea of the 8 bosses sealing the 8 functions, it gives them a bigger role than just being Ulti's stupid minions like.

Lol, manly tears. Yeah I had that big time when I finished Crisis Core the first time round. You planning on starting up 9 soon?

Berserk_Alucard said...

Yeah, the ending in Crisis Core was kinda epic, but sad also.

FFIX, I am considering starting soon, cos I think I'll have VI beaten within the next few days since I made a lot of progress today. But on one hand, I am kinda growing a little bit sick of FF games at the moment, just cos I've played V, VIII and VI all back to back lol...

Dark Magician said...

Argh man, the only thing I can think of it doing a speed run of XII. You'll notice it's visibly different from most other games in the series, in many aspects of it, and a speed run should only take you 50-60 hours, which if you're playing it everyday won't take that long.

I can't guarentee your sanity though. Especially the 'notoriety' bit...