Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup 2010 Quarter-final predictions

So now that the World cup is just about to go into the quarter final stage, thought I'd do another prediction post.

So for my last one just before the group stages ended, I got 12 out of 16 teams right. Not too bad, there were some upsets that threw me off quite a bit, but I still should've done better as there was only a few games left to play in the group stage at the time I posted.

Anyway now that we know the quarter final teams I'll make some more predictions on who will be making it to the semi-finals. 

World Cup 2010 Quarter-Finals

Netherlands vs Brazil ~ Friday 2nd July. Brazil will win this, but it looks to be a very good match.

Uruguay vs Ghana ~ Friday 2nd July. I'd like Ghana to progress, but I reckon Uruguay will.

Argentina vs Germany ~ Saturday 3rd July. This one is probably hardest to call for me, but I reckon Argentina will win due to their strength in defence as well as going forward.

Paraguay vs Spain ~ Saturday 3rd July. Paraguay didn't impress me much against Japan, then again Spain haven't impressed me overly. Spain will probably win however.

The most impressive teams so far I reckon are Brazil, Argentina and Germany, so I think one of them will go on win the entire competition.

Games resume tomorrow, should be good!

No comments: