Monday, November 9, 2009

Life.

I got bored and decided to procrastinate on youtube as is often the case and found a few interesting (maybe) videos. [Note: My definition of interesting might be different to yours =p]

I mean, what is going on there? Maybe something to do with territory.

I find it pretty interesting that animals like Rhinos, Elephants, Giraffes and Wildebeest found in the African savannah type ecosystems are some of the last remnants of the megafauna that were around in the Cretaceous-Tertiary and the Pleistocene periods and have evolved from them.

I mean, I don't quite understand how such massive species can prosper in what is quite a barren, dry place at times. I remember learning about the ecosystem biodiversity way back in my first or second year of Earth Sci and Geography and the savannah is actually quite a rich place for plants and animals. But some of these species require a LOT of food and water to survive, and it seems wierd that they can even live in these places. Nature is quite amazing.

I kinda want a pet jaguar or cougar, those things are freakin badass

Anyway, thats enough of learning about what is for me at the moment, even though interesting, quite irrelevant to my studies. What I'm saying is that thats enough of wasting time for me now hehe. 

If you are at all interested in nature, or animals or anything, check out Sir David Attenborough's programme on BBC at the moment, Life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lbpcy

The cinematography is amazing, it took them around 4 years to make the series. I think thats the right site for watching some of it online, not sure if there is an actual website or anything. The show is on Mondays in the UK I think, check it out either on TV or online if you can, I'd definitely recommend it.

Ever had that feeling where are really tired and feel yourself swaying and drifting off to sleep while sitting up? Meerkats are kinda similar it seems =p

No comments: