Sunday, November 8, 2009

Now Playing - Pig Noise







I've not had huge amounts of time to play games as you might be able to tell (I've not posted much on here in a while) but I've been making more progress in The World Ends With You.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I've just met up with Joshua (not sure how far that is, but if you've played the game, you'll know where I mean) and done a few hours of the main story after you meet him.

I'm really liking the style of the game perhaps the only real bits I don't like is the touch screen controls, its probably just me being stupid but at times it doesnt seemn to do what I want it to. 


 I think there is a lot to do and find in this game, and from what I can tell so far, I can see that it would be possible to miss things too.

I want to see if I can get all the pins, but I'm not sure how hard that will be as I've not checked up on gamefaqs or anything.


I'll try and get further in this and give you some more thoughts on it. 


I'd definitely recommend the game though, its got a really unique story so far, even if there is the cliched amnesiac main character. The story kind of reminds me of Battle Royale a bit, and I'm sure an anime or two, but I can't quite decide which it reminds me of in terms of the story.

The style is really nice and captured quite well in a lot of fan art on the net, one piece that caught my eye was this one(which I didn't make myself)


The soundtrack is quite interesting, its got a strange mix of j-pop, rock, hip hop, electronica-ish trance.

Not for everyone I'm sure, but it makes a bit of a change from the rest of rpg music, which can be quite generic at times. I like a breath of fresh air once in a while, even if it is stuff I wouldnt necessarily buy.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Ends_with_You


Also I've been putting a lot more time into Final Fantasy V Advance. Its starting to get quite a bit harder nearer the end (I think I'm within 10 or so hours of the end, but I might be wrong). I'm in world 3 and if I play on my SP, it likes to crash for some reason. I hope my SP isn't fucked, cos that thing is awesome. My DS lite doesnt have as many problems strangely enough. It hasnt crashed yet. 

I must stay on target and beat it! 

I've been getting the urge to play FFVIII, which is one of those games that both sparks fanboy rants and equal amounts of hate (or more hate than fanboyism probably) but it has a place in my heart as it was the first Final Fantasy I played and one of my first rpgs (others were Phantasy Star back on the Master System) when I started playing them more.


Even though the system was a lot different to other rpgs, I didnt really hate it back then. A lot of people now criticise the game, and I can see where that comes from-the draw system is pretty stupid, but hey, I think there are a few good points to the game. I love a lot of the music from it and it has Triple Triad. OMG. That game freaking owns!


I mean, sure a lot of people hate Squall as a main character, I can see why, but still..I quite like the game, it has that rosy glow of nostalgia that allows me to see through its imperfections.

Any games you feel the same for? What games make you reminisce?

No comments: