Friday, May 21, 2010

Games on my Radar #3


A couple more games sneaked into my attention recently, so thought I'd bring them to the attention of the masses, or something like that. I doubt 'masses' of people read this blog but anyways...

The first couple of games are pretty obscure RPGs, so no worries if you haven't heard of them before. If you have, well, I envy you as I really want to play these ones sometime soon and don't know that much about them. I don't think the series has come out in American or European areas at all so far. Now though, XSEED has picked up a few titles for releases in the US on the PSP. Hopefully we PAL gamers see at least some of them. I guess I can always import them, but I don't like raping my bank balance too much. Ebay imports from the US will usually cost me around £30-40 depending on the game around release time.

Anyway, the Falcom titles that are slated for release by XSeed are: Ys Seven, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys I & II Chronicles, and the trilogy The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (the Sora no Kiseki series in Japan.) All of these titles will be released on the PSP, further bolstering the RPG catalogue on the system.

Ys seven has actually been made exclusively for the PSP from the ground up, so it hasn't been ported or anything from another system. It definitely looks amazing. The Ys series is one I've never had the opportunity to play, I'll definitely look forward to trying some of these titles.

I'm going to focus on the Legend of Heroes games here first. There are 3 games in the series, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd and then a direct sequel to this trilogy, The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki. The first time I had really heard of these games was when I was browsing youtube, listening to a few Top 50 or 100 RPG OST songs, and in quite a few of them, these games featured, some of the songs were actually at the top of people's lists. They have some really cool music, for sure. So I was really pleased to hear that these games would be coming to the US.

I'll also link to an interview from RPGamer with the people over at XSeed. Link.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) now has a North American release date. It will be out in the US on the 7th of September, 2010, and the 10th September in Europe. I'm kind of hoping that this one does a bit better than 358/2 Days, which not everyone liked. It was very repetitive apparantely. I'm still considering picking that DS title up though, because it is cheap and I'd like to get more of Roxas and the Organisation's story.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS) also finally has a release date! =D They've been working on this one for a while now, and it will be released in the US on 11th of July this year and the EU on the 23rd of July 2010. Just in time to catch the last bit of the summer. Slightly dissapointing is the lack of a wi-fi multiplayer aspect, but I never really expected them to add this to the English version since it would be kinda unfair on the Japanese millions who bought it. Level 5 are on board for this one (they were with DQVIII as well, so hopefully this one is as good)

No comments: