Sunday, May 9, 2010

Now Playing - "Spoony bard"


Ok, since I was away last week and didn't post one of these up, I'll go over some of my impressions of the games I played in the last week and a bit. 

Suikoden Tierkreis (DS) I started this up and I've already put a lot of time into it, I'm around 24 hrs in, and reckon I am around halfway, but not sure on that. The voice acting is good to have in a DS game, its definitely not the norm, same with the cutscenes in the story. Some of the voice acting is pretty funny (even though its not supposed to be)-the main character for one, he talks so damn fast...

There are a few instances when the game seems to be quite unpolished, little things like bugs, graphical glitches, the fact that it doesnt automatically equip marks of the stars or give you a sensible formation as a default-it often puts characters in the back row where they cant use their weapons. Those things could have been worked on. Although I can tell that later on if I get more Marks, the auto-equip thing would have been potentially annoying if they had included it.

I'm really liking the graphics and character designs. Very nice stuff. So far I've been impressed with this game, and its given me a good impression of the Suikoden series (this is the first one I've played)

Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC) - I picked this up again and tried to get past the bit I was stuck on. I'm quite a bit further now, around 10 or 12 hours, and getting used to the differences between this and the 2nd game. I think I've managed to get some decent monsters and grind them up to a level where I can make progress. Its a very grindy, but fun game. I still the prefer the 2nd game but pick either of them up if you are big Dragon Quest or Pokemon fans.

Other than that, I would have been playing some Blazblue now and then, but my xbox has given up the ghost....

I couldn't find a decent (more relevant) quote for the title, so settled for the rather epic spoony bard quote =p

No comments: