Monday, June 21, 2010

Now Playing - "I am error"


I was away most of the week (15th-18th) for some work experience down south so didn't get much of a chance to play many games this week and I've kind of had a lack of desire to play any when I do have the chance. Anyway..I'm putting this up (better late than never I guess.) What do you mean you guys don't wait with bated breath to see my latest post on what I've been playing? =p 

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2) Thought I'd start this up to get another game out the way before the PS3 games I preordered arrive later this month/early next month (Demon's Souls and Trinity Universe.) So this one is more of a 3D action/adventure game with (I guess) some RPG elements like levelling, item creation etc. So far (I'm around 35% through after about 4 hours) I've liked some bits, some of the soundtrack is really nice (I'll put a couple vids below), I'm seeing promise with the Innocent Devil system and the item combining. There is quite a lot of depth, but it does feel simple and at times bland-some of the areas you pass through are quite boring actually. I really liked the stained glass windows and architecture of Garibaldi Temple~it was reminiscent of the Chapel areas and other places traditionally in Castlevania games.

Etrian Odyssey (DS) I played a little bit of this here and there, its still hard as nails. Damn FOES, I try not to take it too hard when they beat me though, as I save as often and play really cautiously, so I haven't lost large chunks of play time to the orange fuzzies so far.

Really cool game, I love the art style and the old school grindiness so far. I don't know if I'll ever be able to finish it, but I'll try. Its more or less on the back burner for me though, as its a really long game. I picked up a couple artbooks recently actually, one of them is the Seikaiju no MeiQ book. I love Yuji Himukai's character designs in the Etrian Odyssey games, as well as the backgrounds. Really nice stuff.  I don't know how good your japanese is, but check out Yuji Himukai's site. You can even see his guild members he's using in Sekaiju no MeiQ 3: Seikai no Raihōsha (Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City) :o

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Another game I've been playing in little chunks now and then, all that remains for me to do is 5* some of the missions and get the treasure hunter stuff~need a lot more traps and platinum ingots. I'm really not feeling it any more though, doubt I'll plat this game any time soon. 

Tales of Eternia (PSP) This was the only game I had away with me over the week and I barely touched it to be honest, I'm at a bit in the forest of bewilderment or something and I was nearly finished it, but I ran out of steam, MP was running low and a couple of my dudes died. Think I eventually ran out of recovery items like Life Bottles and the encounters finished me off. Its quite a hard game at times, that place was so confusing and I really don't like how easy it is to get party members KO'ed or completely out of MP. I reckon I'll try put 5 or 6 more hours into this and get into it more, hopefully get some decent skills (like a Life equivalent spell or something) and a AI setup that won't mean I'm out of MP in the first battle of a dungeon...

No comments: