Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recent Purchases ~ J-culture ftw!


I've been trying to spend less money on games and get through my pile of unplayed ones, but sometimes I can't resist a good deal when I see it.

I picked up a few more games that I've wanted over the last few weeks. Thought I'd just say a little about some of them. 

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) I've kinda talked about this one enough I think. Got it a while ago off Amazon and got quite addicted to it for a straight 10 days in which I beat the main game..and unlocked a whole load more stuff to do. Its a really cool action RPG/Fighting game which although I'd recommend for fans of Final Fantasy series, it does eventually get a bit repetitive. There are flaws, but its a quite awesome game.

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2) Now that I finally got a hold of this from ebay for under £20 (I think) I have the 3 Atelier Iris PS2 games (which are quite rare here) and can start to play them at some point. They are quite cute sprite style turn based RPGs on the PS2.

No More Heroes (Wii) I picked this one up today for £6 used as I had my eye on it for ages since before it came out and for some reason my stingyness got the better of me and prevented me from buying it before it dropped in price enough. 

I love the look of the game, with it's crazy anime and j-culture references, insane style (the main character wins a beam katana in an ebay auction XD) and frantic action, I am really looking forward to playing this one. This, along with Okami and Muramasa, is one of the few games that I really like the look of on the Wii. There are quite a few others, but I'll not bother going into that just now.

Jeanne D' Arc (PSP) This hasn't arrived yet, as I just payed for it today and it is located in the USA. I'm pretty sure it hasnt seen a PAL release anywhere yet, and dont know if it will. However, I've heard really good things about it from a lot of sources on the net. (It must be true then.. ¬_¬) Its a turn based rpg essentially about an alternate retelling of Jean D'Arc's story. I'm expecting something quite similar to Final Fantasy Tactics with the religion themes etc. Looking forward to playing this one. [Hoping it doesn't get lost in the post]

I payed about £14 in USD for it, which I was quite pleased with. I thought it would go for more, but maybe it isn't as in demand as I thought.

Ah, I almost forgot. I think I'll make this "Recent Purchase" thing into a column that I'll do more of when I get a bunch of games I decide to talk about. So you might see more of them, but not that often (as I'm trying to buy less games)

As for what I am tempted by currently and might end up buying at some point...

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona on the PSP is looking pretty appealing to me right now, as is Okami either on the Wii or PS2. From what I've heard the Wii version, although it has slightly better graphics, has waggle and some glitches and bugs. But I really want to get Okami, it looks beautiful. Speaking of which, I can't wait to get Muramasa: The Demon Blade on the Wii, from the makers of Odin Sphere, it looks similar, but with a Japanese setting. It looks gorgeous! I must have a thing for eye candy in games, because I've recently been wanting to get a hold of Tales of Vesperia on the 360, the character designs and graphics look very nice. Its quite a rare game from what I can tell in the UK, and its going for £40+ May have to bite the bullet and get it before it goes too high. Also the Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis limited edition on the PS2. I've had an urge to get that for a while, but I think I might hold off until I try out the Atelier Iris games first.

No comments: