Saturday, May 16, 2009

Odin Sphere, nearing the endgame now.

I played some more Odin Sphere in the past few days, I think I'm getting close to the end now. Well..."epilogue" in the last character's story (Fate) would suggest that I'm damn near the end.... -.< 

It's pretty difficult...I had to do fight 2 bosses at a time but strangely I got through that and I'm on the final area now. I tried a few stages and then went back to up my HP level as much as I could before I make my way through. The story in this game is really gripping at times...it steals hours of my day at a time. I really like the way the stories have overlapped and we see things from each character's perspective. They each have different motives, feelings and loyalties. Even though I am basically going through the same stages I have been through 4 or 5 times, it still keeps me interested as the story is different each time and the script is so well done. 

The game is so shiny and gorgeously drawn. The backgrounds are just amazing...actually everything about the game, the backgrounds, the characters, the enemies-graphically the game is incredible.

I'm about 55 or 60 hours into the game(I can't remember) and getting very close to completion. I might write more about it after I beat it, maybe a review or something. 

It makes me want to  get a hold of some other Vanillaware games, GrimGrimoire or Princess Crown perhaps.. I don't want Odin Sphere to end...I don't know if I could bring myself to play through it again though..even on the lowest difficulty its got me to throw the controller, attempting to snap the controller, punching things...frustrating, but an incredible game still! =D I don't think I'm good enough at fast action rpgs like this to play through on hard mode...I've got this far on normal, with some stages or bosses on easy when they served me too much hehe...

I'll most likely be getting Muramasa from what I've seen of it though!

This gorgeous image from the artbook (which I want) made me feel..colourful, so thats why the text is like that :p

5 comments:

Simon said...

Sorry to not be about your blog, but I was just wondering why when I logged into the RPGamer forums, my profile had your info and a link to your blog?!

Berserk_Alucard said...

Ah, thats because a few months ago when I tried to update my signature with the link, it somehow added my signature to every other member's profile as well and changed their profile info to mine also...

The staff and admins said it wasn't my fault and was something to do with their forum software, and they are in the process of changing boards or something because things like this had happened before, with avatars getting somehow changed to a Star Ocean IV image for lots of the members.

Simon said...

Ah ok, thought there'd be some explanation. Thought I'd done it by quoting one of your posts. Thanks for the info!

Aztroh Kitteh said...

The endgame is TOUGH! (At least it was for me) I had to go back and grind a bit before I could finish. The ending gives me goosebumps just thinking about it; I like it so much. Enjoy.

Berserk_Alucard said...

Yeah its definitely tough, so far I've beat the first of the bosses but I'm struggling on the 2nd. I think I'll need to go back and grind a bit more..but it means I'll have to play through some of the stories again... T_T