Saturday, May 2, 2009

Turn A Gundam, and other stuff.

I hadn't watched any anime in a while, so decided to watch some of the mecha anime I have on my Hard Drive, cos I have tonnes of unwatched stuff, and since I'm working on some gunpla at the moment, I thought I'd watch a gundam series, Turn A Gundam

So far I've watched the first 4 episodes and even though the animation is dated and the mobile suits have very strange and different designs, I like it so far. Its political like most gundam series, but its not throwing a lot of complex factions and organisations at me yet.  I'll have to see how it unfolds as the series goes on. 

Some more info

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In terms of gunpla (gundam model kits,) I've been working on the HG 1/144 Kerberos BuCue Hound

Its the first HG kit I've done in ages, I've not done any gunpla in months, so I decided to put a lot of time and effort into this one, giving this one a better paint job than the last few I did, which were the smaller SD kits. I always liked the style of this mobile suit, and this kit has a lot of complicated pieces in there, little bits of wire for example which confused me at first. I'm quite new to gunpla, and I didn't know what length of wire to cut cos I've not seen it in any of the kits I've done so far. I'm not too far through yet, but hopefully it looks good once I'm finished it.

Here's the kit I'm talking about; http://www.gundamnation.com/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Some video game stuff:

Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)

Yeah, this is old, but I wanted to post it up here. Looks like a nice game! If they have some of what made Crisis Core good, they could be onto a winner here, Square Enix.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/dor/objects/826844/final-fantasy-agito-xiii/videos/ffxiii_agito_090415.html;jsessionid=dg2va5g562r8

Magna Carta 2 (Xbox 360)

Will be getting a US release, it has some bizarre looking characters and outfits, but some nice graphics overall. I've heard the original wasnt amazing, so here's hoping this one is better. It will be an Xbox 360 title. 

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/181.html

A few games I didn't expect to get PAL releases were announced at some point recently. Stuff like the innuendo heavy Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica for the PS2. I didn't think this would get a PAL release because of dwindling PS2 sales over here, but Koei Europe are releasing it here at some point. Its a good sign to see rpgs like this and Mana Khemia being released. I mean, even if they aren't the best games, its good to see companies bringing them out and getting more recognition. I'm tempted to get Mana Khemia on the PS2, but its still expensive and I got a few other games that would get bought before I got that.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Xbox 360) will be out here in June. I might have mentioned this, memory sucks...

http://na.square-enix.com/starocean/

old Japanese trailer from Square Enix;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czRZ0moKIu8

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) has a Q3 release date for us PAL gamers, according to www.eurogamer.net

This one looks pretty good, take a look at Atlus' site for some more on it. Americans will get it on 23/06/2009. I might import it if it gets decent reviews. 

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) will be released in PAL territories sometime in November, apparantly. I cant remember if I found this out before, I knew it was coming to the US, but I wasnt sure if it would be seen here. Finally, another decent looking Wii game! My Wii is currently fossilised under layers of dust... I had meant to pick up No More Heroes, Okami and Baroque(I was very close to buying this one because it was about £7 in Game) but never got round to buying em. Too many games to play and not enough money was the main reason.

Anyway, there's been a trailer up for a while now for this game; 

Dark Spire (DS) looks pretty cool, I'm a big fan of old school games, and rpgs with class systems and influences from old games. Its not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but it looks good to me. Link

No comments: