Monday, May 25, 2009

Upcoming PSP RPGs.

The PSP is a system that has plenty of promise, but for me, doesnt have that many RPG titles. Not many of the non-RPG titles have really jumped off the shelves at me either. It has a fair few now and that number is growing but I still prefer the DS. Perhaps given time the PSP will accumulate RPGs similar to the PS2 which has a huge collection. I'm gonna focus on some of the RPGs that are coming out soon in this post.

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)

I posted this video before, but this one is the US trailer and has english comments.

Persona (PSP)

I'm still not sure about this, heard some bad things about the original game, hopefully they change the bad stuff for this version, like some kind of map. The Etrian Odyssey games apparantely do FP-Dungeon crawling and map management quite well. Dark Spire was another that I was looking at.

Crimson Gem Saga aka Garnet Chronicle (PSP)

This is the sequel to Astonishia Story, and known as Garnet Chronicle in Japan. I heard bad things about AS, hopefully I don't need to play it in order to enjoy this one. It looks very promising.

http://www.atlus.com/cgs/

Class of Heroes (PSP)

This one looks quite lighthearted and cheery and with what seems to be quite a common theme in rpgs-some kind of magical/adventure school. 

"This is as classic as dungeon crawling gets in an ever-changing 3-D labyrinth containing more than 75 maps full of puzzles, traps, and treasure. Over 500 character possibilities are available to you. A flexible alchemy system with more than 400 recipes allows you to synthesize new items from random items found in the labyrinths, as well as customize your weapons attributes, range, and strength.

Available June 2009."

The "500" character possibilities could be good, but could also be quite limited. There are 10 races from what I've heard, and quite a few classes for them to choose from. Could be interesting. Its kinda americanised in that the classes are called "majors." Interesting to see if they change that for the PAL release, or not. If one is on the way, I'm not too sure.

http://www.atlus.com/classofheroes/home.html

Final Fantasy XIII Agito (PSP)

*Damn...I shoulda left out the "(PSP)", these are all PSP titles...

I'm not too sure if this is within copyright laws...as trailers have been removed from youtube. So I wont bother uploading the vid. Go here to watch it and find out some more.

Also, official site, with which I cant seem to find any links on... Nice pic though I guess hehe...

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)

*I started putting PSP after each, might as well stick with the format :P

For those confused by the forthcoming KH titles and I still am too at times, here is a bit of info for clarification/recapping. There are 3 Kingdom Hearts games set to come out in Japan. Probably only 2 of these will make it to America and the rest of us any time soon. 

The 3 games are;

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 (DS) ~ This is an interquel, between KH1 and KH2.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) ~ This is a prequel to the original PS2 game.

Kingdom Hearts coded (Mobile) *We probably wont get this one where you play as a Digital Sora*

I'm not gonna look up any videos for these, as although I've beaten Kingdom Hearts, I havent started the 2nd one and I'm pretty sure I would get some spoilers if I watched vids or read through all that info in detail. Look at the links above, or do some searches if you are interested in these.

That is all for now, I'm running out of steam.

No comments: